After nearly 40 years of venture capital innovation and success— investing in companies like Google, Amazon, Facebook and Twitter— Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers needed a full facelift of their visual identity and digital presence. And they needed a way to promote their original content, partners and portfolio companies.
We broke down KPCB’s core strengths into companies, teams (comprised of partners) and insights. The insights section aggregates partner research which they make available to the public. Some of these insights have an important impact on the community: notably Mary Meeker’s annual Internet Trends report which chronicles the rapid increase in internet usage and mobile adoption.</p>
- Custom CMS: enables them to publish market insights, promote partners and companies, breaking news and communicate their investment philosophy
- New Public Website: showcases their deep partner roster, their equally deep company roster business insights, and so much more
- Internal Web Portal: helps them maintain internal contacts for events and managing brand assets like Power Point presentation templates, print ad templates, logos suites and style guidelines for a consistently smooth experience
- KPCB Connect: connects portfolio company CEOs with rockstar prospects
- Public Website: emphasizes KPCB's core mission and focus on clean, clear design
- Responsive: Strong responsive layouts optimized for phones, tablets and laptops/desktop
- Logo Suite: redesigned to emphasize KPCB over "Kleiner Perkins Caufield & and Byers". The simple wordmark lockup is designed with a modern typeface at it's core (KPCB). Auxiliary KPCB brands such as the Fellows program includes a serif typeface locked up to the right.